Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Themed Wine Tastings

Happy Hump Day!


This post is a little different, and I would love to hear some feedback from YOU readers (if you exist. Most days I feel like I'm just writing for myself and my momma).


I've mentioned before that I am seriously considering starting my own little side business. It's still in the works, but I know for sure that one service I will offer is themed wine tastings.


I will host in my home, or go into YOUR home and coordinate a themed wine tasting party. The tasting will be a mix of sampling between 5-7 wines, as well as some wine lessons, similar to what you'd read in these posts. I will pick and purchase the wines (although you'll need to reimburse me :] ), provide the glassware, tasting notes, and my own write ups on the wine regions and wines- I can even pick out small bite samplings to pair with the wines. All you have to do is provide the guest list and show up!


Here are some of the wine tasting themes that I've been mulling over in my head, and I'd love to know your thoughts!


ABC Tastings (Anything But Chardonnay)


For those of you who are sick of Chardonnay, this tasting will explore the other fantastic white wines from around the world, including Chenin Blanc, Viura, Gruner Veltliner, Muller Thurgau and Torrontes!


A Journey through France


Bordeaux, Burgundy, The Rhone, The Loire, Beaujoulais...


Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles!


'Nuff said. This tasting will cover all the major types of bubbly, including Spain's Cava, Germany's Sekt, and France's hailed Champagne.


The Undiscovereds

Assyrtiko, Spatburgunder, The Black Wine of Cahors, Zweigelt... Never heard of these wines? Great! This tasting will introduce you to the unknown but delicious wines from around the world.

Sugar Rush


Pairing dessert with sweet wine. Yes, I'll even bring the dessert!



Wines from Down Under


Aussie and New Zealand wines!


Brown Paper Bag Tastings


You tell your guests to bring a wine in a paper, and I facilitate a proper blind wine tasting- voting and all.


So, what do you guys think? Do you like the ideas? Have any suggestions? Interested in having your OWN themed wine tasting party?


I'd so appreciate your feedback!


Thanks everyone,


Stace

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I sign up for all of these???

I think this is a great idea Stace. And I think that you could get a good amount of people to come.

You are so creative! I love it!