Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Autumn


Winter. Summer. Spring. Fall.
When polled, I'm guessing that most people would be able to choose their favorite season. However, I am not one of those people. 
My gut instinct is to label Summer as my favorite season- I love being a beach bum, driving down PCH with my toes sticking out the window (obviously I'm the passenger at this point), eating frozen yogurt everyday, having freedom from school- and the list of the pros of summer go on. 
But then my indecisiveness kicks in, and I remember how much I love the festivities of Winter, which brings its twinkling Christmas lights, scarves, and hot chocolate. 
And Spring! Who doesn't love Spring and its new flowers popping up from the soil? I am so drawn to Springtime because it hosts the most significant holiday of all.
But then October hits... 
Every year at this time, I am hit with this gushing feeling that overwhelms me. Everything about fall inspires me- the crisp air, the "changing" colors (in quotations because I am a CA native), the feeling of a fresh start... and the list goes on. When Fall comes around, everything is exciting, orange, fresh, and rejuvenating
I suppose Fall even is the inspiration for starting my very own blog.
When reflecting on these thoughts, I am remembering how our God is ever-changing but NEVER-changing.  He gives us the privilege to see His power and majesty through His transforming creation, but He is our one consistent. 

"There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Photos by Evin Navarro

1 comments:

Heather Kent said...

This is always how I feel but couldn't put into words the way you just did. Beautiful :)