Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Attack of the Killer Maggots!


This is my 4th year of living in an apartment with my roommates. I absolutely love it-some of the best times of my life have occurred with my girls in our apartment. But, as of recently, we are discovering that living in an apartment complex isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. This past year we have dealt with toxic mold, ants in my roommate Megan’s bed, cockroaches, and more. But, last Sunday, the straw broke the camel’s back- our little clean, cute, and orderly apartment was attacked by maggots. At least 50 white maggots were swarming all over our kitchen floor. Absolutely foul. I can’t even express the disgust we experienced as we squashed maggots until we heard their guts pop. Yes, the little buggers would only die if they were squished until their guts burst out. Classic moment: roommate Sarah and I were hurriedly unplugging and moving our fridge in order to squish 20 maggots that were lurking behind. We burst out into gut busting laughter and realized how ridiculous our situation was, and how blessed we are that we don’t have to sleep on the floor with the maggots. Anyways, if anyone is looking for a new apartment for lease, be sure to ask me where I live so you can avoid bug infestations at all costs! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear stacy, I remember you telling me this story.

"8:00....no maggots"

"9:30....no maggots"


haha

from whitney